Got Gossip?

Share your gossip!
Email us.

Subscribe

Add to My AOL

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Need More Gossip Fix?

Daily Celeb
Egotastic
E! Online
Entertainment Tonight
Gawker
Go Fug Yourself
I'm Not Obsessed
Malibu
Perez Hilton
Pink is the New Blog
Pop Sugar
Radar Online
SirLinksaLot: The Bachelor
Superficial Girls
The Superficial

Previous Posts

Baby Spice is Having a Baby
Newsstand Friday: Ok! Magazine
JT Makes ANOTHER Funny
Ladies, Get Your Shinguards
Q&A with Jennifer Garner
Newsstand Friday: TV Guide Magazine
Interview with Patricia Wettig
Newsstand Friday: Star Magazine
Newsstand Friday: Life and Style Weekly Magazine
Newsstand Friday: InTouch Weekly Magazine

Archives

September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
March 2010

Contributors

Annie
Madison

Bloglighted Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Celebrities Blogs - Blog Top Sites

BlogRankers.com

Powered by Blogger

Official Celebrity Sites

Adam Sandler
Ashlee Simpson
Britney Spears
Brooke Burke
Carmen Electra
Christina Aguilera
Eva Longoria
Donald Trump
Gwen Stefani
Halle Berry
Jackie Chan
Janet Jackson
Jennifer Hudson
Jennifer Lopez
Jessica Biel
Jessica Simpson
Justin Timberlake
Kimberly Williams-Paisley
Nick Lachey
Madonna
Mandy Moore
Mandy Moore's MySpace
Mariah Carey
Marilyn Manson
Mario Lopez
Mariska Hargitay
Pamela Anderson
Paris Hilton
Paula Abdul
Rosie O'Donnell
Suzanne Somers
Shanna Moakler
Shanna Moakler's MySpace
Vanessa Minnillo
Wilmer Valderrama

Bed Bug

Friday, January 26, 2007

Matt and Andrea Speak!

This year's Beauty and the Geek should be called The Blondes Dominate. That's what the most recently kicked off couple would probably say,too. TV Guide interviewed Matt Herman and Andrea Ciliberti, to get their thoughts on the Blonde voting block. Here are some excerpts (and I have to say they both sound pretty self aware to me):

TVGuide.com: How did it become you versus all of the blondes?
Andrea: They just happened to be blondes. There are the ringleaders who feel better about themselves by putting people down, and then you have the girls who follow them around because they don't want the girls to talk badly about them. Then you have the girls like myself who don't want to be any part of it at all, so you just hang out with the guys, who don't do that.

TVGuide.com: Did you consider pretending to like them to help yourself in the game?
Andrea: No, that's not me.

TVGuide.com: It was very gratifying to see you and Jennylee have it out after she said she wanted to eliminate you because you were "having a hard time."
Andrea: I'm glad they showed how she was acting toward Niels in the bedroom, and how she acted toward me. Having a conversation with her is like having a conversation with a 3-year-old.

TVGuide.com: Do you see geeks differently now?
Andrea: Some people are just socially different. I definitely wouldn't qualify some of the women as "beauties," because I think beauty comes from within, as well. As far as categorizing the guys as geeks, they just do what they enjoy, and it may not be socially acceptable all the time, like playing chess, but I had fun, and I'm going to do it if I like it!

TVGuide.com: What are you doing now?
Andrea: I'm sitting in my hotel room... oh, with my life? I got my associate's degree last semester, and I'm working as a bartender still. I'm just waiting for what's next. I want to act.

TVGuide.com: What made you stand out from all the other geeks at MIT?
Matt Herman: Part of it was luck, that not all of the people who wanted to do the show saw the fliers or knew what it was. I think probably what made me different from the others is that I had more interest in learning something from the show. Some other MIT students probably would have been there just for the money, but I actually wanted to learn a bit about how TV works, to get to know some of the girls, and to have a really cool experience.

TVGuide.com: I hear you're still living in Boston. What do you do for a living now?
Matt: The work I do is math-related, working on problems that use some of the stuff that I learned in school. I don't really want to talk about it too much. I want to try to keep the show as separate from work as possible.

TVGuide.com: That's interesting, since all of the beauties seem to have dropped their jobs to go to L.A. after the show.
Matt: I know. I think the girls are really bright people, they just have different priorities than a lot of the guys do. They'll drop everything to go to Hollywood, whereas it's been very tough for me to do interviews this week because I've been extremely busy at work.

TVGuide.com: Were you aware of all the drama going on among the girls?
Matt: I was pretty aware of it. It got very cliquey, especially since Cecile was winning all the challenges at the beginning. So, of course, everybody was going to want to be friends with her, and Andrea refused to do that.

TVGuide.com: Was the makeover hard for you?
Matt: It was kind of tough. I went on the show because I wanted to learn a little bit more about style, but that store was a little grungy for me. I'm a very skinny person, and just like Mario was having a hard time finding clothing to fit him, they didn't show that I was having a hard time finding stuff as well. Like, the belts wouldn't have enough holes for me. Then we found out we were going to have to do the date auction, and that was even worse. I'm a very stiff person, and I don't like dancing or anything like that. But part of the fun of the show is getting makeovers.

TVGuide.com: Do you still follow any of the things you learned about style?
Matt: I didn't really take that much out of the makeover challenge, but the week before that... I asked Sheree what I should wear to work, and I took her advice almost exactly. I went to Banana Republic and got the same type of belt she told me to get, and the same type of shoes and pants....

TVGuide.com: Have you been on any dates since the show?
Matt: Same as before. I don't date that much, but I go out a lot. It's because I've been really busy with work and stuff.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home