Got Gossip?

Share your gossip!
Email us.

Subscribe

Add to My AOL

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Need More Gossip Fix?

Daily Celeb
Egotastic
E! Online
Entertainment Tonight
Gawker
Go Fug Yourself
I'm Not Obsessed
Malibu
Perez Hilton
Pink is the New Blog
Pop Sugar
Radar Online
SirLinksaLot: The Bachelor
Superficial Girls
The Superficial

Previous Posts

Newsstand Friday: Life & Style Weekly
Newsstand Friday: In Touch Magazine
Newsstand Friday: Star Magazine
Newsstand Friday: OK Magazine
Newsstand Friday: US Magazine
David Beckham Goes Blonder
Newsstand Friday: People Magazine
Mario Lopez and Karina Smirnoff Still Together?
Rapper Eve Arrested on DUI
Donald Trump's New Apprentice Talks

Archives

September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
March 2010

Contributors

Annie
Madison

Bloglighted Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Celebrities Blogs - Blog Top Sites

BlogRankers.com

Powered by Blogger

Official Celebrity Sites

Adam Sandler
Ashlee Simpson
Britney Spears
Brooke Burke
Carmen Electra
Christina Aguilera
Eva Longoria
Donald Trump
Gwen Stefani
Halle Berry
Jackie Chan
Janet Jackson
Jennifer Hudson
Jennifer Lopez
Jessica Biel
Jessica Simpson
Justin Timberlake
Kimberly Williams-Paisley
Nick Lachey
Madonna
Mandy Moore
Mandy Moore's MySpace
Mariah Carey
Marilyn Manson
Mario Lopez
Mariska Hargitay
Pamela Anderson
Paris Hilton
Paula Abdul
Rosie O'Donnell
Suzanne Somers
Shanna Moakler
Shanna Moakler's MySpace
Vanessa Minnillo
Wilmer Valderrama

Bed Bug

Friday, April 27, 2007

Chatting with Asia, the Newest Pussycat Doll

Asia Nitollano, 19, a single mom from the Bronx was just crowned the newest member of the popular group, The Pussycat Dolls. She recently did a quick interview with Entertainment Weekly magazine to catch them up on everything that's going on in her life now.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Were you surprised that you won?
ASIA NITOLLANO: I couldn't believe it. I honestly knew it could be any one of us. I was just hoping, ''Let this be my chance, let this be my moment.'' And when they called my name, it was just, ''You're kidding me.'' I wanted to be like, ''Where's my mom?'' I couldn't wait to tell everybody. I always told my grandmother — she passed away — that ''I'm gonna make it, and I'm gonna buy you a house, and I'm gonna be famous.''

Have you talked to the Dolls at all this week?
I haven't really spoken to the girls. They're on tour with Christina [Aguilera], so it's kind of been hard with me doing the show and everything. But when I won, it was all love. I can't wait to meet up with them all.

And are you in touch with Robin Antin [the Dolls' founder]?
She's the sweetest. She's like a mother to all the girls on the show. And she cared about each and every one of us. She's always text-messaging me, asking how I am and stuff.

Does your daughter know about the Pussycat Dolls?
She'll be 2 next month. She knows ''Dontcha'' by heart. She sings it all the time. She's a dancer and a singer... She's the next Pussycat Doll, I'm telling you. She's gonna be the Pussycat Doll baby, start her own little group.

Are you still living in New York City?
I'm representing New Yorkers again! I met Jennifer Lopez. I love her. We both come from the Bronx and danced with the same dance company. [I'm] the next Asia from the block!

How was the show different from what you were expecting?
I really thought it was just gonna be dancing and singing the whole time. I didn't know there was going to be as much interaction, and it was crazy, living with a bunch of girls and being away from my baby. There's so much more to it than just a competition. It was a television show first, more than anything. I don't think they gave me much of a personality!

I'll bet it's nice to be free of the always-present CW cameras.
It was weird having them following you around, but after a week, you're over it. It seems normal now [but] you just want them to leave you alone sometimes.

Tell us something we don't know about Asia.
I wanted to rap. In high school, I'd try to make up rap songs, and all the girls would laugh at me. But I feel in my heart I was kinda serious about it.

What's your next step?
I have to wait till [the other six Dolls] finish the Christina tour. But I'm gonna be meeting with a label in a few weeks. I'm just enjoying the moment right now. I'm just gonna be a mom. I'm excited to make music. That's my life. That's what I've been working so hard for. I'm proud that I never gave up.

Photo from CW.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I DID NOT want Asia to win. OK. She can dance, but she can't sing. her voice is unpleasant! It sounds like she's straining herself slmost shouting instead of singing. Even Ron Fair could tell she didn't have a strong singing voice. So maybe she'll make a good back-up dancer.
Asia seems to be causing a lot of PCD controversy, but I for one do not like her as the new Doll. Asia is not a good choice for the group and I am disappointed that they chose her!

5/05/2007 2:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. I think is Asia is more ass than class. She just looks trashy to me & will bring down the current PCD group. Her tapping of the microphone whilst singing drives me nuts. It looks like she is playing the flute & is very distracting. I would have liked Mariela to win. She is the whole package!

11/21/2008 12:21 AM  
Blogger Chey~Chey said...

there's nothing wrong with the tapping of the mic to keep time. the only thing that bothers me is those nitpicky people who can't just be happy. I like the Pussycat Dolls, but seriously I don't understand why people get so into a reality show. And even if you are into it, can't you just be happy for the person that wins even tho it might not be who YOU wanted? Some people's comments just make me mad...

8/04/2009 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home