Got Gossip?

Share your gossip!
Email us.

Subscribe

Add to My AOL

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Need More Gossip Fix?

Daily Celeb
Egotastic
E! Online
Entertainment Tonight
Gawker
Go Fug Yourself
I'm Not Obsessed
Malibu
Perez Hilton
Pink is the New Blog
Pop Sugar
Radar Online
SirLinksaLot: The Bachelor
Superficial Girls
The Superficial

Previous Posts

Apprentice Contestant Takes It All Off
Grey's Anatomy's Sara Ramirez is Singing a New Song
Behind the Scenes of Dancing with the Stars with J...
Milla Jovovich is Pregnant
Katie Holmes Tired of the Cruiseaziness?
Jaime Pressly's Going to Feed A Village
Bachelor Castoff Interview: Peyton
Jennifer Lopez Scores Big
The Bachelor: Before the First Rose
Newsstand Friday: Us Weekly

Archives

September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
March 2010

Contributors

Annie
Madison

Bloglighted Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Celebrities Blogs - Blog Top Sites

BlogRankers.com

Powered by Blogger

Official Celebrity Sites

Adam Sandler
Ashlee Simpson
Britney Spears
Brooke Burke
Carmen Electra
Christina Aguilera
Eva Longoria
Donald Trump
Gwen Stefani
Halle Berry
Jackie Chan
Janet Jackson
Jennifer Hudson
Jennifer Lopez
Jessica Biel
Jessica Simpson
Justin Timberlake
Kimberly Williams-Paisley
Nick Lachey
Madonna
Mandy Moore
Mandy Moore's MySpace
Mariah Carey
Marilyn Manson
Mario Lopez
Mariska Hargitay
Pamela Anderson
Paris Hilton
Paula Abdul
Rosie O'Donnell
Suzanne Somers
Shanna Moakler
Shanna Moakler's MySpace
Vanessa Minnillo
Wilmer Valderrama

Bed Bug

Monday, April 23, 2007

Pussycat Dolls Say Buh-Bye to Anastacia

I admit it. I got suckered into CW's Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll. Last week, we said good-bye to contestant Anastacia McPherson. With her height and her deep throaty voice, she definitely stood out from the pack. TV Guide recently sat down with her to get some behind-the-scenes dish the other girls and the whole experience.

TVGuide.com: Did you have a good experience?
Anastacia McPherson: It was amazing. It was unbelievable, but it was really stressful, too.

TVGuide.com: You were learning choreography on a bus and crazy stuff like that, all in a short period of time.
Anastacia: It was insane the amount of time that we had before we would perform. It was really stressful, but at the same time it was so amazing being a part of everything.

TVGuide.com: Why did you want to do this show?
Anastacia: I've always really loved the Pussycat Dolls. I bought their first album, and I knew about them when they were a show on the Sunset Strip [in Hollywood]. I really liked the fact that they've got these hot songs but they are real dancers, and that's something I can appreciate. I always thought I should audition for the Vegas show.

TVGuide.com: So you must have loved this week's "traditional" Pussycat Dolls performance.
Anastacia: That was my favorite show, and ironically that's the one where they booted me. That was the best part, getting to do the old-school stuff.

TVGuide.com: You mentioned several times that you felt bigger than the other girls, but is it just because you are literally taller?
Anastacia: I am bigger in the sense that I am taller and more muscular, and I have big hair. Some of the girls are naturally on the slimmer side, so it was awkward being in this reality bubble around such tiny girls all of the time and performing with them. I wanted to feel like part of the group, but I was different, obviously different.

TVGuide.com: And you have that deep, sexy voice.
Anastacia: Yeah, my voice is in a lower range. I think it is cool and it does set me apart, but it can be limiting. But I look at it as a good thing.

TVGuide.com: Judge Ron Fair seemed to be a fan of your voice.
Anastacia: He was! He was a big supporter and I appreciated that. It was such an honor to have someone like Ron Fair even know my name, let alone give me high remarks. It was incredible.

TVGuide.com: I'm very envious of your big, curly hair.
Anastacia: It is so funny, because it is very hit-or-miss. People either love it or they hate it. Thank you, I've gotten into it. I didn't always like it.

TVGuide.com: What do you think was the hardest challenge?
Anastacia: Vegas. I was not only going through my inner turmoil, but the whole dress-fitting thing was real. We were being fitted on a bus, and none of [the dresses] fit me and the wardrobe people weren't being shy about telling me that. Learning the routine on the bus, the moving bus, was crazy. Then just performing right there on the spot with the audience waiting? I couldn't believe that was the challenge.

TVGuide.com: Do you think your troubles with that challenge were still in the back of your mind when you were rehearsing for a chance to go on stage with the actual Dolls?
Anastacia: I think I was psyching myself out in a way. But I also think I just move differently. I wasn't moving the way that [PCD founder] Robin [Antin] wanted me to. I think I have really good dance skills, but I wasn't picking up the slinkiness of it when we were auditioning in front of the tour bus....

TVGuide.com: Was that actually on the street?
Anastacia: Yeah, on the street! There was a crack in front of me and I was in heels. It was rough. That was a lot of pressure.

TVGuide.com: How hard was it sitting on that bus with Chelsea while the others performed?
Anastacia: Oh, my god! I was so mad! It might have been better if I was just by myself.

TVGuide.com: She seemed to try really hard to make it positive.
Anastacia: Yeah, that's Chelsea, she's a talker. She talks when she's nervous. From Day 1, even before we got cast as finalists, I remember her from the hotel and she never stopped moving and she never stopped talking. I need to get in my head space before performing. It was just totally the wrong mix for me to be on the bus with her.

TVGuide.com: How'd you avoid all of the drama?
Anastacia: When you have girls from different parts of the United States who are relatively in the same age group competing for the same thing, there's definitely going to be friction. Especially when it is entertainment-related. I tried to be at peace with everyone and at least try not to start any drama.

TVGuide.com: Are you rooting for any one person in particular?
Anastacia: I think all of the girls are talented in their own ways. I wish them the best of luck and hope that it goes to the girl who can fit into the group well and really manage everything.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home