Got Gossip?

Share your gossip!
Email us.

Subscribe

Add to My AOL

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Need More Gossip Fix?

Daily Celeb
Egotastic
E! Online
Entertainment Tonight
Gawker
Go Fug Yourself
I'm Not Obsessed
Malibu
Perez Hilton
Pink is the New Blog
Pop Sugar
Radar Online
SirLinksaLot: The Bachelor
Superficial Girls
The Superficial

Previous Posts

Sandra Bullock Going Back to Work
Sarah Jessica Parker Dishes on Bitten, Matthew and...
Newsstand Friday: OK!
Newsstand Friday: Entertainment Weekly
Newsstand Friday: TV Guide
Newsstand Friday: Us Weekly
Newsstand Friday: Star
Newsstand Friday: In Touch Weekly
Newsstand Friday: Life & Style Weekly
Newsstand Friday: People

Archives

September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
March 2010

Contributors

Annie
Madison

Bloglighted Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Celebrities Blogs - Blog Top Sites

BlogRankers.com

Powered by Blogger

Official Celebrity Sites

Adam Sandler
Ashlee Simpson
Britney Spears
Brooke Burke
Carmen Electra
Christina Aguilera
Eva Longoria
Donald Trump
Gwen Stefani
Halle Berry
Jackie Chan
Janet Jackson
Jennifer Hudson
Jennifer Lopez
Jessica Biel
Jessica Simpson
Justin Timberlake
Kimberly Williams-Paisley
Nick Lachey
Madonna
Mandy Moore
Mandy Moore's MySpace
Mariah Carey
Marilyn Manson
Mario Lopez
Mariska Hargitay
Pamela Anderson
Paris Hilton
Paula Abdul
Rosie O'Donnell
Suzanne Somers
Shanna Moakler
Shanna Moakler's MySpace
Vanessa Minnillo
Wilmer Valderrama

Bed Bug

Monday, June 04, 2007

Alexis Bledel Finds Life After Gilmore Girls

At least even with Gilmore Girls ending, we don't have to wait too long to see Alexis Bledel again. She's playing Kate Peterson in her latest film I'm Reed Fish (which is in theaters now). She recently sat down with TV Guide magazine to talk about life after Gilmore Girls.

TVGuide.com: How do you feel about Logan (Matt Czuchry) and Rory's breakup and how the series ended in general?
Alexis Bledel: I guess it's not what people might have expected as far as their relationship goes, but it's something that happens to a lot of people when they graduate from school and go off to start their lives elsewhere. I think it's a make-or-break [time] for a lot of relationships. I felt pretty strongly that I wanted my character to finish up somewhere that we would have liked to see her finish when the whole story started, because she was so driven and academic and I wanted to return to that in some ways. She did get pretty caught up in [the] relationship — in her relationships with guys in general, not that that's a bad thing — but it seemed to end on a strong note. She made a choice that was very true to herself.

TVGuide.com: Did you feel the job she got was sudden?
Bledel: Well, they needed something. She needed to get some kind of job, and I like that she didn't get hired for something right away. I hope it's not too auspicious a job for her to get right off the bat, but I guess she did have somebody she knew who hooked her up. Hopefully that makes a little bit of sense. But yeah, they needed for her to go off into the world in some way or another. I like that it was for Barack Obama's campaign.

TVGuide.com: Do you think 13 more episodes could have resolved the story lines any better?
Bledel: It was an organic ending for Rory to graduate from college, because it all started with trying to get her into prep school and figuring out how to pay for it because she had so much potential. For it to end this way felt good to me, because I think we would have been trying to come up with things if we had done more [episodes].

TVGuide.com: And you would have entered this whole other post-college territory.
Bledel: Yeah, and the relationship between Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Luke (Scott Patterson) had been played out and needed [to be resolved] in some direction. Where it left off — kind of hopeful — I like that, too, because she has entertained all the possibilities with Rory's dad.

TVGuide.com: Yeah, it just lets fans fantasize.
Bledel: Right.

TVGuide.com: What will you miss most about playing Rory? The fast talking?
Bledel: [Laughs] No. I was certainly lucky to play a teenage character that was so academic and intelligent and unique from a lot of other characters on television, as far as teenagers go, but I'll be happy to play adults. If I don't get to play characters as unique as she is, then I'd miss that.

TVGuide.com: Is it important to you to break away from being known as Rory?
Bledel: I don't know how much it's possible to completely get away from it. I'm looking forward to playing different characters and seeing how far I can stretch, but I don't know that it's a good idea to do something just because it's different. I'm more concerned that the projects I'm involved with are strong material.

TVGuide.com: I watched I'm Reed Fish and it's really simple with this big message behind it. Why did you want to be in the film?

Bledel: It felt a little different from a lot of things I read, because it's a movie within a movie and I like the trick that happens in the middle that I don't really want to give away. The small town felt, in a way, like Stars Hollow; it's a very strong setting for a story to take place in. It's all-inclusive — it's a tiny little town and has all these unique characters.

TVGuide.com: And everybody knows everybody.
Bledel: And everybody knows everybody. That's why I liked it.

TVGuide.com: The movie-within-a-movie aspect surprised me, but it took on this whole new meaning, so it was a good twist.
Bledel: Oh, good. Yeah, that's what drew me to it.

TVGuide.com: Are you working on anything else?
Bledel: I'm hoping that a few independent projects come together, but nothing definite yet. I'm still reading stuff and seeing what else is going to come together.

Photo from TV Guide.

Labels: ,