Got Gossip?

Share your gossip!
Email us.

Subscribe

Add to My AOL

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Need More Gossip Fix?

Daily Celeb
Egotastic
E! Online
Entertainment Tonight
Gawker
Go Fug Yourself
I'm Not Obsessed
Malibu
Perez Hilton
Pink is the New Blog
Pop Sugar
Radar Online
SirLinksaLot: The Bachelor
Superficial Girls
The Superficial

Previous Posts

New Reality Show with Lisa Rinna
Patrick Dempsey on Fatherhood and Couples Therapy
Madonna in NYC
Tara Reid Back to Her Old Tricks Again
Another Dog Britney?
Becks and Posh Move to LA!
Married With Children for Reals
Um, Nice Bikini, Jess.
Same Story, Different Guy
Drew and Fab Break Up

Archives

September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
March 2010

Contributors

Annie
Madison

Bloglighted Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Celebrities Blogs - Blog Top Sites

BlogRankers.com

Powered by Blogger

Official Celebrity Sites

Adam Sandler
Ashlee Simpson
Britney Spears
Brooke Burke
Carmen Electra
Christina Aguilera
Eva Longoria
Donald Trump
Gwen Stefani
Halle Berry
Jackie Chan
Janet Jackson
Jennifer Hudson
Jennifer Lopez
Jessica Biel
Jessica Simpson
Justin Timberlake
Kimberly Williams-Paisley
Nick Lachey
Madonna
Mandy Moore
Mandy Moore's MySpace
Mariah Carey
Marilyn Manson
Mario Lopez
Mariska Hargitay
Pamela Anderson
Paris Hilton
Paula Abdul
Rosie O'Donnell
Suzanne Somers
Shanna Moakler
Shanna Moakler's MySpace
Vanessa Minnillo
Wilmer Valderrama

Bed Bug

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Renee Zellweger Finally Talks About Kenny Chesney

Well, kind of. In a vague, circular fashion anyway. The actress recently sat down with Life magazine to discuss her divorce and her upcoming movie, Miss Potter.

LIFE: In your new movie, Beatrix Potter best expresses herself through the characters she created, like Peter Rabbit and Flopsy Bunny. How do you best express yourself?
ZELLWEGER: Oh, I don't know. I'm not a performer. I don't want to hop up on a stage and go "Look at me! I'm Renee! What do you think?" That's not me. What I do is very different. If I want to express something, it's through the filter [of a character]. So I never feel exposed.

LIFE: You made the movie in a very difficult part of your life last year.
ZELLWEGER: It was important for me to make this film—going to work and being with my friends, getting through the days.

LIFE: What was the hardest part about 2006 for you?
ZELLWEGER: Well, I'm sure that if you buy groceries, you might have read something about it. It's not on the top of my favorite things that have ever happened. [Her eyes well up] I'm not a superficial person. I don't care about what's on the grocery-store shelves. That's just salt in the wound. But it's not a television show. I lived it. [A breakup] is a very sad experience for anyone to go through, and it's not fun when people decide that it's a lovely thing to capitalize on. But you're oblivious to that because you are living the reality of the experience—which is devastating.

LIFE: Are you two still friends?
ZELLWEGER: I'll tell you that I was saddened. I'll tell you that it took . . . it's, it's not something I could [reason] away. It's something that I'll live through, but I don't want to talk about it beyond that because it matters to me.

LIFE: Beatrix Potter loved children but didn't have any of her own. Do you want kids?
ZELLWEGER: I don't think about it. I don't believe in prerequisites for happiness. It's not a mantra, it's just my composition. I don't have a list of things I need in order to be happy. I like to take the good that's in the mix [of her life] and use that to create the happiness today.

LIFE: But what about marriage? Did you always dream of that?
ZELLWEGER: No, no.

LIFE: So your thinking was, If I meet somebody . . .
ZELLWEGER: If the circumstances are right, then sure. It was more about it being the right thing to do.

LIFE: Do you think you will fall in love again?
ZELLWEGER: Maybe.

LIFE: And if you don't, would you feel that there was something missing, having been in love before?
ZELLWEGER: I don't know, because I'm different now. I'm different than I was entering into [her relationship with Chesney]. And so, I'm open to something new. . . . I just don't have any expectations. That doesn't mean that I'm not a romantic, and it doesn't mean that I don't have things that I believe in, because I do.

LIFE: So what do you do to escape?
ZELLWEGER: Road trip. Whenever I can. It's been a while.

LIFE: Do you still have your truck?
ZELLWEGER: Same truck that I've always had . . . an old Chevy. A year and a half ago [she drove from] New York to Florida to see my parents. I rented a small car because I wanted to drop it off in Florida. I didn't know where I was going to go.

LIFE: What was the best experience you had on that trip?
ZELLWEGER: A Motel 6 in South Carolina. I wrote a lot that night, and I drove around the little town.

LIFE: You're about to start filming George Clooney's Leatherheads, a 1920s romantic comedy. Is it true he sent you the script one night and you committed the next morning?
ZELLWEGER: Oh, I was in before I read the script. I'm a big fan of his directing, and he's charming. But I'm scared—I've heard he's relentless with the on-set pranks. He plans months in advance, and I'm terrified of what he's got up his sleeve for me.

Photo from Life.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home