Got Gossip?

Share your gossip!
Email us.

Subscribe

Add to My AOL

Subscribe in Bloglines

Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Enter your Email


Powered by FeedBlitz

Need More Gossip Fix?

Daily Celeb
Egotastic
E! Online
Entertainment Tonight
Gawker
Go Fug Yourself
I'm Not Obsessed
Malibu
Perez Hilton
Pink is the New Blog
Pop Sugar
Radar Online
SirLinksaLot: The Bachelor
Superficial Girls
The Superficial

Previous Posts

Britney Spears Caught Speeding
It's Official: Keisha Castle-Hughes Welcomes Baby ...
Former American Idol Contestant Arrested
Britney Spears Out with Sean P
Chatting with Asia, the Newest Pussycat Doll
Newsstand Friday: Life & Style Weekly
Newsstand Friday: In Touch Magazine
Newsstand Friday: Star Magazine
Newsstand Friday: OK Magazine
Newsstand Friday: US Magazine

Archives

September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
March 2010

Contributors

Annie
Madison

Bloglighted Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Celebrities Blogs - Blog Top Sites

BlogRankers.com

Powered by Blogger

Official Celebrity Sites

Adam Sandler
Ashlee Simpson
Britney Spears
Brooke Burke
Carmen Electra
Christina Aguilera
Eva Longoria
Donald Trump
Gwen Stefani
Halle Berry
Jackie Chan
Janet Jackson
Jennifer Hudson
Jennifer Lopez
Jessica Biel
Jessica Simpson
Justin Timberlake
Kimberly Williams-Paisley
Nick Lachey
Madonna
Mandy Moore
Mandy Moore's MySpace
Mariah Carey
Marilyn Manson
Mario Lopez
Mariska Hargitay
Pamela Anderson
Paris Hilton
Paula Abdul
Rosie O'Donnell
Suzanne Somers
Shanna Moakler
Shanna Moakler's MySpace
Vanessa Minnillo
Wilmer Valderrama

Bed Bug

Monday, April 30, 2007

Cover Girl: Ali Larter on Self Magazine

Heroes star Ali Larter graces the cover of the May issue of Self magazine. They sat down with her to get the scoop on her beauty routine, her modeling start and what's changed in the last five years.

On getting into modeling
I grew up in this idyllic suburban life. I walked the dog after school; we rode our bikes to the swim club. When I began modeling, I started going to New York and was surrounded by all these colorful and interesting people. I was exposed to so many cultures and points of view. I was in awe of the excitement and creativity that I was surrounded by in this business—so many different personalities. I instantly knew that it was what I wanted to do.

On her 18-year-old self
I was such a pistol. One of my best friends, Amy Smart [Road Trip, Varsity Blues], still laughs about when she first met me. We were roommates in Milan when I was modeling there. I was this tough Jersey girl. Now the edges have been smoothed out a bit. But then, I was going to do what I wanted and say what I wanted—I was a Jersey girl.

On how she has changed in the last five years
My priorities have shifted. I still love to go out with my friends and go dancing. But part of me is now happy to be at home. That's shifted. And I now work with some charities because I think it's so important to give back. And now I also know that one of life's greatest gifts is your friendships and the time that you spend with your family.

On the benefits of compliments
I was doing a show and was really nervous. My boyfriend told me, "If you're feeling fear, just think of a way to compliment someone." I loved that. In so many things, we're stricken with nerves and fearful, but as soon as you turn to someone else and say something like "Oh, you look amazing today," the focus instantly shifts away from you. It was a great tip.

On forgiving herself
I'm so critical of my work. I can't watch anything I'm in. I'm always in the pursuit of excellence and you can't always have excellence in a creative endeavor. Some of my performances I'll like, and some I won't. Everyone has bad days when things don't go the way you want them to. You have to give up control and just do your best.

On her favorite retreat

I am a water baby if there ever was one. My heaven is when I get to go to the beach—the ocean is my sanctuary. I'll go running on the beach or take my dog there. Anything I can do to get close to nature that way. The water gives me this overwhelming calming feeling. It clears my mind and is a way of putting life in perspective.

On her beauty routine
I prefer baths to showers. I'm huge on moisturizing body scrubs, conditioners and face masks. I just got a facial steamer. That's fun. I'm a beauty product girl—I cannot live without my La Mer Radiant Mask.

On her morning routine
I have to wake up and spend 10 minutes of quiet time. If I launch into things, my day ends up being a mess. It's finding peace and quiet in this crazy world.

Photo from Self.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home